Thursday, January 20, 2011

Holy Buckets it's been a long time!!


I know this blog started out as a strange homework assignment that I really didn't want to do. But, I have been having the urge to jot down all of the craziness throughout this last year, but have just been busy I guess!
I am now at my halfway point in school, only 10 more classes to go! Woot! Right now I am painfully taking my English Gen Ed's and the homework and summary's kill me. But, I have been pleasantly surprised with how well my papers have been graded, and my instructors responses to them. I know my friends and family know I complain a lot about English, and my Gen Eds in general, but what they don't know is that while I'm there, I secretly do like them, and get a lot out of it. Anyone who knows me can tell you how much I hated school. In high school, oh jeez, I was bad. And my first attempt at earning a degree in Industrial design went down hill after my second quarter of partying living in Denver. Now that I have found my passion, and what it is I want to be "when I grow up," my eyes have opened to how wonderful and important my education is. I learn so much from my instructors whether they are strict and ride my ass, (not going to mention names, yet) or instructors that could care less. They both push me harder towards becoming a better chef, and a better me, and I will be forever grateful to have had them in my life. (Even though some days I'd just like to tell them to take this genoise or paper and shove it.)

In the last year..OMG I've done a lot of stuff! But I really can't sit here all day posting up ALL the pictures from it to show you my progress. But I'll show you some. Kind of a little sneak peak of what's to come. I promise, I'll elaborate on them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment